Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last time I posted I was giving up on exercise and so this is good news today. My back is all better and I started c25k on Monday, August 31st. At the Sisterhood they are doing a new challenge with the Wii and since I don't have one, I chose to train for a 5k. Its 9 weeks of training so I have found a 5k in November that I am using as my goal. Yikes - it sounds daunting, but I know I can do it and with my son telling me that I can - unless I get into my 'stupid attitude' - I will cross that finish line. So to speak.

So I am doing the c25k and the Shrink For Good challenge - see the button??

Aaaaagh...this HUGE spider just crawled across the wall next to me - scared the #$%@ out of me. I think I got it, but now my feet are up on the chair until I can finish this. Isn't it weird how something that small can scare us like that. Well, it wasn't THAT small. Just alot smaller than me.

Whew - Anyway, I have done two sessions of the c25k and will do day three tomorrow. I want to find something that I can do on the other days of the week - at least two of them and I am thinking yoga. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you've found a 5K to run in november!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a C25K believer. I'm in the final stretch, up to running 28 minutes straight. If you asked me if I could do this two months ago, I'd have laughed at you.
    You can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete