Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today is weigh in day at the Sisterhood and I am down one pound for a total of only three pounds since we started but I am doing better on the running.

I am now on week 3 and finished day 1 of the c25k. I was almost ready to repeat week 2 since I missed a couple of runs but someone at coolrunning.com talked about not letting fear stop you from going forward. So, I decided to give it a try and I am totally amazed that I did it. Three whole minutes - twice, no less. I almost passed out and I was cursing at Matt (the guy from coolrunning) - mostly in my head because I couldn't talk!!.....but I got it done.

I never, even in my dreams, thought I would be running - actually its a very slow jog, but hey, its faster than walking. In my dreams I can fly (I love those flying dreams) but never ever do I run - unless something is chasing me and then it is in slow motion because my legs feel like lead weights. Dreams are weird. Anyway, I am amazed.

I was so pumped that I actually ran for three minutes I was bragging (we are allowed to do that) when my son started laughing and said, "three minutes? - anyone can run three minutes" So I told him to go get on the treadmill and see if he could do it and he ran and hid in his room - Hah - scaredy cat.

I am back to eating right again too so along with the running, I should lose more every week.

I also found this new exercise contraption - I know, I know, here I go again. Last week I almost bought the Ab Rocker, but I read alot of reviews and decided against it. The one I ordered is called the AeroPilates Spacemate Total Body Exerciser w/ DVD, Mat & Bag. It is with Margelin (I think that is how you spell her name). Anyway, I liked it because: 1) it is cheaper than most machines and 2) it isn't really a machine - more like resistance cords that you can hook up to your door. I am hoping to do this workout on the days I don't run.

I know I am asking alot of myself right now, but baby steps have never worked for me so I need to get serious about my health. I keep saying that and I know what I need to do so as Nike says - "Just Do It".

Speaking of Nike - I got me some new running shoes. I was using my old reeboks and while they are really comfortable they are really old. I love them, but there is not alot of support there for running so I got me some new ones. Wow, excuse me while I am impressed with myself for doing all of this. Now I just need to keep it up. And there's the rub.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your loss!! And a high five on the 3 mins of running! Wait till you hit 5 mins! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete