Thursday, August 6, 2009

Okay - I got alot of feedback about how trying to burn off an extra 500 calories a day is too much. I thought that my treadmill said that after 30 minutes I had burned off 230 calories so I figured that if I stayed on for an hour it would add up to around 500. Well, I was wrong - it's 130 calories for 30 minutes. So.....I will double that.

I checked out to see how many calories are burned with the Couch-to-5k Program and the first week averages around 330 calories!! Wow - that is amazing since the program is only 30 minutes from warm-up to cool-down. By the time you make it to week 9 you are burning 500+ in about 40 minutes.

So my new 21 day program is to start the Couch-to-5K program.

Thank you to the Sisterhood for putting this out there. I found a blog about this program and one person's journey through it. Check it out - http://couchto5kandbeyond.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment