Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Here we go with another challenge at the Sisterhood. I am still on Nutrisystem and as much as I love it - 14 pounds gone so far - I am getting tired of just having Nutrisystem food. So I looked around and found that the South Beach diet is based on the Low Glycemic thing too so I will be switching to that after I finish off the NS food. (I have a couple of weeks worth left)

The South Beach is another low carb thing, but they do mostly good versus bad carbs so I hope I do okay with it. The first two weeks is almost no carbs at all so we shall see how my energy level handles that. I tried Atkins a while back and I was so tired all the time and I found out that it was because I wasn't getting any carbs. After the first two weeks, you can eat good carbs and that is what I am doing now with NS.

I did really well on the last challenge and although I gained 2 pounds at Christmas, I am back on track and going strong.

I am determined not to get Diabetes. It is such a horrible disease and has run wild throughout most of my family that I know I have to be careful in how I eat. I was glad that it looked like I was taking after Mom, but after 82 years, she was diagnosed with it too. That really sucks - she thought that she had dodged that bullet. So now I am more focused on getting healthy.

4 comments:

  1. i hope you have a smooth transition from NS to SBD. I know that Lissa is doing it, so I'm sure she could help you out if you get stuck and have questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 14 lbs lost!! That is awesome! I hope the transition from NS to SBD goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY 14lbs that is awesome! And good luck with SBD I have been thinking about doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a valuable contribution from your side. I appreciate it…
    College Essays

    ReplyDelete